Article I: Name
The name of this organization shall be “Gator Trace Ladies Golf Association.”
Article II: Object
1. This Association shall endeavor at all times to promote golf according to the Rules of Golf as set forth by the USGA.
2. The Association shall also attempt to stimulate and inspire good sportsmanship among its members.
Article III. Membership
1. The Association will accept members who are not members of the Gator Trace Golf and Country Club.
2. All members must have an established handicap. New members must present an USGA Index with a handicap not to exceed forty (4). If this information is not available, the prospective member shall play ten (10) rounds at Gator Trace to establish a temporary handicap which will be used until a computer handicap is established.
3. New members must have established an USGA computerized handicap to be eligible to play in major Association tournaments.
4. Effective March 1,1998 new members joining the GTLGA must maintain a handicap no greater than 43 in order to rejoin in January.
Article IV. Dues
1. The annual dues for GTLGA shall be payable on the 1st Thursday in January and are considered delinquent after January 31st. Dues are nonrefundable. Any changes in the amount of dues must be approved by a majority of the members present at a regularly scheduled business meeting.
Article V. Meetings
1. The Association’s winter season will consist of the months of January, February, March, April, October, November and December. The winter season will begin on the first Thursday in January. The summer season will consist of the months of May, June, July, August and September. The summer season will begin on the first Thursday in May.
2. The opening luncheon and business meeting will be held after play on the 1st Thursday in January. All regular Business meetings will be held the first Thursday of each month.
3. The closing luncheon and business meeting will be held on the first Thursday in December.
4. A special meeting may be called by the President, a member of the Board, or at the request of three (3) members in good standing.
5. A majority of the votes cast by the members assembled at a properly called meeting will carry any motion or election.
Article VI: Tournaments
1. A tournament shall be held on each Thursday by the Association as prescribed by the yearly “Schedule of Events” handbook. The tee time shall be at the discretion of the President and/or Club Professional. In the case of inclement weather, a decision for cancellation will be made by the President or the Tournament Chairperson in conjunction with the Professional.
2. During Association play, handicaps will not exceed thirty-six (36) as governed by USGA rules, section 1-4 of the Handicap Section.
3. A member may invite a guest to play in the regular weekly tournaments upon payment of guest green fees. No person may play as a guest more than twice during an Association year. No tournament fees will be collected and the guest will not be eligible to participate in prize monies.
Article VII: Officers/Board Members
1. The elected officers of this Association shall consist of a President, Vice- President, Secretary and Treasurer.
2. The following Committee Chairmen shall be appointed by the President: Rules, Tournament, Handicap, Ringer/Birdie, Prizes, Publicity, Hospitality, and Decorations.
3. The member who is elected to the office of Vice-President is expected, for the purpose of continuity, to succeed to the Presidency upon vacating that office.
4. The immediate Past President shall be considered a member of the Executive Board.
Article VIII: Election of Officers
1. In September, the President shall appoint a Nominating Committee of three (3) members, one of whom will be the Immediate Past President. This committee shall present a slate of recommended officers at the regular business meeting in October. Members of the Nominating Committee may be considered for an office. The President may attend meetings of the Nominating Committee in an advisory capacity.
2. The election of officers will be held at the regular business meeting in November. The slate as presented by the nominating committee may be accepted by oral affirmation of the members. Anytime more than one person is running for an office, a written ballot will be used.
3. Members of the Association who are unable to attend the business meeting may vote by absentee ballot by requesting such ballots from and returning them to the Secretary before the November meeting.
4. New officers will installed at the opening meeting in January.
5. The term for elected Officers will be one (1) year.
Article IX: Amendments
This Constitution and the By-Laws may be amended by a majority vote of the membership present at any properly called business meeting. Proposed amendments to the Constitution or By-Laws must be presented to all members at least one month prior to the meeting at which the members shall vote on the amendments.
Rev. 1. May 1989
Rev. 2. Dec. 1989
Rev. 3. Apr. 1992
Rev. 4 Apr. 1994
Rev. 5. May 1994
Rev. 6. Nov. 1994
Rev. 7. Apr. 1998
Rev. 8. Nov. 1999
Rev. 9. Nov. 2001
Rev. 10. Feb. 2011
Rev. 11. Apr. 2011
If a person quits playing before completing nine holes, a blind will be used for 18 holes. If a player quits after completing 9 holes or more, a blind will be used for the remaining holes. No money will be refunded and the player will not be eligible for any prizes.